Top 10 Gluten Free Cupcake Recipes
After getting over the shock, mourning it a bit, starting to feel better, and realizing just how many foods are naturally gluten-free, you might be feeling pretty good. You'll never be able to tell these are gluten-free cupcakes. We promise.
1. Lemon Cupcakes with Blackberry Buttercream FrostingFollow step-by-step instructions on glutenfreecanteen.com
They are absolutely, positively fabulous: light, lemony, and slightly tart from the addition of lemon zest. And for the frosting, you just use standard buttercream recipe, then add some pureed blackberries for flavor and color. They are so gorgeous, and it’s always a proud moment when you get that kind of beautiful color with no additional food coloring.
2. Chocolate Mocha CupcakesFollow step-by-step instructions on glutenfreecanteen.com
Sometimes we want a cake or cupcake without having to think about a hundred ingredients. It’s easy to toss this one-bowl cupcake recipe together in minutes. And crazy as it sounds, nothing goes better with this cupcake than a nice big cup of coffee on the side.
3. Casablanca Cupcake (Orange + Almond)Follow step-by-step instructions on piecedgoods.wordpress.com
This cupcake is a bit more dense with a custard-ish texture, and it lends itself so well to fall entertaining. They are very simple and tasty, so you can style up a little table to enjoy them!
4. Chocolate Cupcakes Made with Garbanzo Bean FlourFollow step-by-step instructions on cupcakeproject.com
These gluten-free cupcakes aren’t special or spicy, and they don’t have a unique earthy finish; they taste like classic all-American chocolate birthday cake. Sometimes, gluten-free or not, that’s just what you want.
5. Blueberry Swirl CupcakesFollow step-by-step instructions on glutenfreecanteen.com
The frosting is divine. Just enough sweet without being cloy and everyone loves the swirl that putting the berries on top makes. Your friends will beg you to make them for every occasion.
6. Double Chocolate Espresso CupcakesFollow step-by-step instructions on glutenfreecanteen.com
These cupcakes are for real coffee lovers! The Double Chocolate Espresso Cupcake is meant for those days when the morning coffee just didn’t lift the fog. You could enjoy the cupcake with a cup of decaf – kind of yin to the yang.
7. Shirley Temple CupcakesFollow step-by-step instructions on cupcakesgarden.com
These cupcakes are delicious and festive, and are the perfect addition to your Valentine's Day celebration. Shirley Temple cupcakes - all the bring-back-your-childhood fun of a Shirley Temple, but in a cupcake!
8. Peanut Butter Cream Filled CupcakesFollow step-by-step instructions on alldayidreamaboutfood.com
The bittersweet dark chocolate, creamy nut butter center and decadent chocolate ganache top layer with just a hint of kosher salt is unforgettable. Trust us, this is worth the effort!
9. Chocolate Banana Strawberry CupcakeFollow step-by-step instructions on www.glutenfreecanteen.com
Add the science-project banana and cold coffee to the chocolate cupcake and a little bit of squishy strawberry to the buttercream and this is clearly a winner.
10. Chocolate Banana Split Cone CupcakesFollow step-by-step instructions on tablefeast.com
Over-the-top these cone-cupcakes may be – they are slightly healthy and though they are meant to look like ice cream (banana split) sundaes in a cone – they are totally dairy-free as well as gluten-free.