6 Safe and Secure Ways To Discipline Your Child with Superb Outcome

You think disciplining teenagers is tough. How about the toddler tiger that walks over the sofa set in the living room in the presence of visitors, climbs on the window seal, swings on the main door entrance, dismembers the expensive toy car you bought him a week ago?

Svtuition

Raising children is fascinating, but it can also be frustrating. Parents can lead them astray through destructive criticism and harsh punishment. You can also choose to bring up your children to responsible members of society through effective communication, education, entertainment, encouragement, role model and through emphasis.

1. Effective Communication

Ccrctulsa

Parents have immense responsibility to instruct, persuade, share reactions and reassure their children of bright future through discipline. Take a little time at least half hour to cool off before cracking the whip if it comes to that or administering other forms of discipline.

2. Education

Child-development-guide

Jacques Rousseau pointed out 3 crucial stages of a child's growth in his ground breaking five books on education - EMILE. Discipline is a critical ingredient in a child's development not just as a form of punishment but most importantly as a way of shaping the child's character through education.

Ohnodaddy

"Each age …has its proper perfection and a sort of maturity which is its own," Rousseau observed in outlining the three stages.

  • Stage 1 – Physical Growth;
  • Stage 2 – Psychological Growth;
  • Stage 3 – Spiritual Growth.

"Education is never a work of nature alone, nor an art alone, but it is a natural process, supplemented," he concluded.

3. Entertainment

Kidsologs

Kids have short attention span with enormous reserve energy to spend. You want to keep kids busy, give them something challenging and exciting to occupy their time. If you don't, you end up punishing them for misconduct. For example, LeapSter Learning System offers solution to kid's entertainment in playing educational video games featuring adventures calculated to teach children how to read, solve simple math equations and encourage them to think strategically.

Dailymail.co.uk

You think your dad was strict and harsh in bringing you up, wait till you hear Grace's dad's way of discipline. Nevertheless, maybe he was trying to control himself and at the same time to explain you the situation properly and by the explanation shape your mind. But sometimes in the bad reality the child who is repeatedly put down, called stupid, lazy grows up with skewed notion of discipline. What method can you use to effectively communicate your frustrations when the child is misbehaving?

4. Encouragement

Studentlifeonline

The human brain is the safest, most secure, best protected human data storage facility in a child or grown up. Yet according to scientific research, most people use 5% of the brain power. The remaining 95% of valuable brain potential is underutilized. You can reverse this trend through disciplining kids from early stages of growth. Imagine the benefits parents stand to gain from diligent discipline of their kids and channeling them to engage in productive activities?

Evelyndonnelly

You do not want to encourage the child to engage in bad habits. However, in the absence of the power of praise for good deeds, a child only knows dad or mum is mad through discouragement. Damn it Laura becomes your daughter's second name and nature if that is all the girl hears when daddy is upset with her.

5. Emulation

Edlabandi

You've seen kids play house. You wonder if they've a plan. Lasses fetch ingredients, cook and lay the table. Lads build makeshift houses and stand guard on the premise to provide protection. Although kids' roles are skewed to reflect society stereo type in the dominant background culture, all the activities taking place in the act are carefully planned and executed. Where do kids get all these ideas? Kids emulate parents. Parents are role models in society. You also act the role model position in the house to your kids on a daily basis.

6. Emphasis

Dermatologapediatratijuana

Most parents associate the word discipline with punishment in child upbringing. True, punishment is part of a child's discipline. However, it should be the last resort and should take the least percentage in bringing up children. The emphasis should be on the positive mental attitude to shape the character of a child through effective communication, education, encouragement, emulation, and emphasis.