The 10 Best Ways to Make a DIY Watch Bracelet
Isn’t there something special about a handmade gift? Even if it’s not amazing or expensive or the “latest” thing – you know that the person put their time and effort (and money) into making something for you. This is a great chance to refashion your old watch that you haven’t worn in years, a great way to update one you already have tucked away.
1. Rhinestone Strand Wrap WatchTutorial: mylittlesecrets.ca
What you will need: a watch, with watch straps removed, rhinestone Trim/Chain – measured to suit your wrist size, rhinestone chain ends, jump rings, Lobster Clamp and closure, plyers.
2. Chain Strap WatchTutorial: apairandasparediy.com
For this project you can actually use any chain you like, a mix of different chains even. We chose fishtail because we love the look of it but feel free to be imaginative!
3. Charm Watch KnockoffTutorial: flamingotoes.com
Here’s what you’ll need to make it: 1 Watch face, 1 Skinny Belt, rivets and tools, hammer and 1/8 Punch, assorted chains, jump rings and 2 lobster clasps, charms.
4. Friendship WatchTutorial: metromela.com
Let’s combine fashion and function by updating old watches into colorful new watch bracelets.
5. BEADED WRAP WATCHBANDTutorial: diaryofacreativefanatic.com
Wrap watchbands are great because they serve two functions.They are actual watches but at the same time are decorative as bracelets. The whole project took exactly a movie's worth in time. Not long and easy.
6. Multi-Strand Chain WatchTutorial: studs-and-pearls.com
This project would be a good way to use up the leftover chain that isn't long enough to be a necklace, or even a bracelet. It's really simple and easy to make, even for beginner DIY'ers and jewelry makers.
7. Lace, Pearl and Rhinestone WatchTutorial: dreamalittlebigger.com
For this project you will need: ribbon bar watch face, rhinestone and/or pearl chain lace, white embroidery floss, embroidery needle, ribbon end findings, clasp.
8. Leather Wrap Bracelet WatchTutorial: sincerelykinsey.com
Supplies: leather cords and trims, small piece of leather, jewelry hooks, clock face insert.Pantry Supplies: Scissors, leather or heavy duty glue.
9. Wrapped Charm WatchTutorial: makethebestofthings.blogspot.com
Charming jewelry is a perfect gift to your friend! We think when you make a handmade gift it’s like you’re giving a little bit of yourself. Not literally. That’d be gross.
10. Glamming Up a Run-Down WatchTutorial: stylelinemag.com
What You’ll Need: Needle-nose pliers, wire cutters, watch face, closures, jump rings, chains, patience, strength!